Tuesday, March 5, 2013

familiar faces in stranger places

I see your face in the strangest of places. Why does it haunt me still?! 

From my tumblr feed, to random pictures my friends posts. Sometimes even when I am out getting coffee. I will randomly see fragmented pieces of what I recognize as your face. 

I know you may think it strange, but I really do see your face. I was out putting gas in my car, I looked over and saw I young man getting out of his car. I looked over to the passenger seat, only to see your face looking back at me. Instantly choking back the excitement from my face, I realized it was not you, but a total stranger, who by mere coincidence looked a lot like you when you used to look at me with love in your eyes. 

See, that look you would give me was so uniquely you. from your wry smile to your facetious nature. 

See this happens all the time and it saddens my heart that you're no longer near. 

I wonder if you ever see my face in the strangers that you meet? 

Perhaps we've lived so many lives together, that now we must be apart.  But I long for your touch. I long for your embrace. Seeming distant and aloof on the surface; I could never let you know that you have me under your spell, but if you touch me one time, you'll see me reappear.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment