Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Planning a trip!


I have always dreamed that I would meet the love of my life in a foreign place and it has always been my objective to discover new places.

You see, ever since I was a little boy, Spain has seemed like it was my home. Unbeknownst to me at the time, but my heritage was Spanish. It was not until I inquired about where my parents were born, or how they came to be, that I was told what my ethnicity was, and why my eyes are the color, they are.

For the longest time, I had the recurring dream that I would meet “my love” during my travels. And in this dream. It was never truly clear of the “how” or the “where.” Those details always seemed to escape me.  But one thing was always certain, that I would need him and it would feel kismet, because finally I was reunited with him and my heart instantly recognized him without knowing his name.

As I sit here, planning the details of my trip, I begin to wonder if those boyhood dreams would materialize?!  

I guess, it was never really my objective to seek him out. But I look to stranger’s faces and ask myself, would I instantly recognize him? Part of the reason why I fell in love with strangers all too easily.

Too many years have passed by, and many failed attempts to plan this trip. Finally, it can be made possible and I look forward to the experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment