Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Story time with Robert: “I dreamed him last night.”

I really do not know why he suddenly came to mind. Maybe it was the coffee date with my friend that I recently had and they asked me about him.

You see, I have not spoken to him in nearly seven months. The last time I heard from him, he could not talk to me. Time sure does fly by quickly.

The dream was about the life I would have had, if I had accepted either of his marriage proposals.
However, you see, I declined them all.
In my dream, he and I lived in a 2 bedroom home in the suburb. Possibly close to where I live now, or maybe equidistant to where his mother lives and where I live now. In my dream, he was officially retired but was going back to work (I do not know, he just was). In my dream, we were just another typical couple, doing whatever mundane things couples do.

The funny thing is that within my dream, we traveled and we were sincerely in love. I just can’t explain how you can wake up and feel totally in love with a person?! Please do not tell me that perhaps I was never out of love with him because I do not believe that I was ever in love.

Dreams have a way of seeming as if they are real. Although only a dream, perhaps a part of me would like it to be real. Perhaps it is because some part of me longs to have that type of relationship and not necessarily with him.

Why does the mind try and trick us!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment