Thursday, June 28, 2012

Holding On.

I seem to hold on to things that no longer mean anything to anyone.

Years ago, I was given a beautiful angel of wishes by a friend. At that time, this was a newly developing friendship. Where in I spread my wings and sheltered him, showing him the ways without letting him get hurt. Much like a Guardian angel, I observed and let him decide for himself, never interfering but protecting him still. During that time in my life, I was developing a stronger sense of self and people felt intimidated by it. People were coming in and out of my life with secret intended messages, and so their purposes were limited. But I held on...

This same person I speak off, he is no longer in my life. Biting the hand that feeds you will often result in being striken by that same hand. He bit and in my hurt, I struck him. Now when we see each other we often look the other way. Maybe because we are embarrassed or hurt or a combination of both... But I still hold on.... I see his gift and I wonder why I still hold on...

Maybe i keep the gift because after all it was given... but it no longer means anything to me... it's still beautiful to look at... but it means nothing to me sentimentally. Is there any sense in holding on still?

-Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment